Soft Weighted Lap Pad and Friend
Meet Heavy Herbert, a plush weighted companion adored by children. Hug, lift and carry Herbert for heavy work. Place on lap to improve concentration during circle time and study time. Supports sensory integration and helps kids socialize too!
- Provides sensory input and friendly companion for travel, transitions and therapy activities
- Supports children with ADHD, sensory processing disorder or autism
Puzzle Pieces takes numerous steps to protect any sensitive data you share with us. Puzzle Pieces' website employs Secure Socket Layer (SSL) software which means all personal data you send us (name, address, credit card information, etc.) is encrypted during the entire transmission process, protecti
Ideas for Use
A lovable weighted doll, Herbert listens well when children read or talk to him in bed and provides a calming weight to children throughout the day. He also loves help kids practice eye contact! He can travel with your child to school or the clinic, to visit friends and relatives and back home again.
Weighted products are terrific for helping children with large motor control and motor planning as well as with processing sensory information. Weight acts like a filter, helping the nervous system integrate information more efficiently.
Use with adult supervision. Never place in crib with infant; do not use with small children. Never cover face nor restrict child’s movement.
16 other products in the same category:
The colorful children’s hammock chair, Iri Rainbow, offers kids a quiet retreat to play and dream.
The closed-weave suspension, instead of the usual hammock cords, provides an additional safety measure. It is produced in Colombia from pure, high-quality cotton. Reinforced edges make this hammock extremely tear-resistant so that your child will be able to enjoy it for a long time. The integrated safety swivel guarantees safe 360° rotation. The spreader bar made of FSC-certified bamboo is not just an eye-catcher, it is also extremely sturdy.
The gentle rocking movement stimulates the sense of balance. This positively impacts the ability to concentrate and promotes learning success in reading, writing and arithmetic.
- Lighting Takes Shape: Vibrant, multicolored LED light with high-quality, eco-friendly acrylic housing in a cool 8 inch sphere shape.
- Multifunctional: 16 beautiful RGB colors and 4 lighting modes; remote-controllable and rechargeable with included AC adapter.
- Eco-Friendly: Completely free of UV, IR, lead, mercury, and other toxic elements.
- Waterproof: IP 65-rated; fully waterproof and dust-protected. Fully useable both indoors and outdoors.
Meet Speks; Mashable, Smashable, Rollable, Buildable, Puzzling, World famous, Fun for adults, All-you-can-build with, Magnetic balls. Magnet flux index less than 30.
These are great for keeping hands and minds busy!
Not suitable for children under 3.
Rollobie Baby Toy
- A rattling, rolling, sensory-building friend
- Encourages gross motor skills, tactile development, fine motor skills, imaginative play, auditory development
- Send Rollobie across the floor and she rattles!
- Horns and tactile fringe down Rollobie's back made of 100% silicone
- Rollobie can roll on her belly, creating a rattling sound
- Turn her tactile silicone horns to change her eyes from awake to asleep
- Includes one Rollobie (choose from blue or green)
- SENSORY STIMULATION: LED lights change the water colors and the bubble swim up the tank panels as the pump hums gently. This combination stimulates the senses, great for children with autism, special needs and ADHD.
- DECORATIVE DISPLAY: This is a great way to improve the décor of your dining room, bedroom, living room or even an office or doctor's waiting area. It is a LED floor lamp and wall fountain all in one.
- EXTRA LARGE WALL MOUNTED: This flat, wall mounted bubble tube is more than 4 feet high! It offers a wide array of changing colors, and is helps create a more relaxed, calm environment at home or office.
Sensory Floor Decal Set
Buy one Get one at 50% off! Nov 23 & 24
- Original twirly whirly Shaker toy for kids.This plastic Rainmaker toy produces the gentle sound of a water cascade - Soothing Sounds and a Colorful Enchanting sight.
- This magic Twirly Whirly Rattle Rainmaker is a great tool for developing a musical ear and ability, and for improving gross motor skills.
- This kids rainstick Rainbowmaker adds a pleasant rustling sound to any family band and makes the child feel like a real musician.
- This rainfall rattle tube shaker toy is an attractive percussion instrument and a bright colorful toy at the same time.This color toy rainstick developes Gross Motor Skills and Hand-Eye Coordination.
We Could All Use a Mini Massage
Get them calm quickly with these economical bug massagers. Choose from our Ladybug Massager or Tickles the Turtle to provide localized vibration and massage. The results can be a more organized, calm individual who is ready to focus and learn. Stimulating and fun, just press the button for a vigorous massage. A great fidget toy!
- Helps to organize sensory information
- Creates calm and relaxation
- Use on for vibration or off for massage
The Time Timer PLUS® 60 Minute packs all the features that have made other timers the first choice of teachers, students, parents and professionals into a new design that’s as sturdy as it is useful.
Ideal for active kids or a day full of meetings, the Time Timer PLUS 60 Minute features a rugged case and durable clear lens to protect its patented red disk. And the new on-the-go handle makes it easy to take the timer anywhere you go!
- Encourages Sensory Exploration: Fully expanded, these smooth, squishy beads create a soothing tactile experience.
- Sorting and Matching: Allow your child to mix and match from the water beads that include all bright and engaging colors of the rainbow.
- Safe And Eco-Friendly: Made of non-toxic environmental friendly resin and not easy to break or fade.
In Not Even Wrong, Paul Collins melds a memoir of his son's autism with a journey into this realm of permanent outsiders. Examining forgotten geniuses and obscure medical archives, and beginning to see why he himself has spent a lifetime researching talented eccentrics, Collins shows how these stories are relevant and even necessary to shed light on autism.
Paul Collins is the author of Sixpence House and Banvard's Folly: Thirteen Tales of People Who Didn't Change the World. He edits the Collins Library for McSweeney's Books and lives in Portland with his wife and son.
- A new, miniature version of the original Squigz
- Encourages fine motor dexterity, visual-spatial skills, expressive creativity
- 40% smaller, 100% guaranteed fun
- 75 pieces included in each set - More building possibilities
- Features new shape, new colors - 5 fun shapes in total
- Made from high-grade silicone - Highly durable and safe
- Fully washable
Developmental delays affect millions of children each year, and often go undetected until an alert and caring parent recognizes there’s a problem. In A Parent's Guide to Developmental Delays, special education expert and consultant Laurie LeComer, M.Ed., provides essential information for any parent with a child who might have cognitive, physical, or emotional delays. Easy to understand, reassuring, and up-to-date, the book covers everything concerned parents need to know.
Using real-life examples and case studies along with checklists, exercises, and other hands-on advice, the book covers a range of delays and disorders that include autism, ADHD, learning disabilities, Sensory Processing Disorder, aggressive behavior, and motor-control problems.